Tempe Criminal Appeals Attorney

Serving the entire Metro Phoenix area (including Mesa, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Chandler and surrounding cities)

Were you wrongfully convicted?

Although you may have been convicted of a crime, you may still have options to clear your record, and an experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer can evaluate your case to determine whether you have any appeal rights, or perhaps an option to set aside the conviction or restore your gun rights and your civil rights. Having a criminal conviction on your record can negatively impact your future education and employment aspirations as well as other aspects in life. Many professional careers, housing applications, college financial aid applications, and some professional licenses require a background check on potential candidates. Employers, landlords, financial institutions, and other organizations may be less inclined to hire, rent to, lend to, or license an individual with certain types of criminal records. Because of these potentially significant consequences, it is advisable to consult with a knowledgeable Criminal Defense Lawyer to ensure you are aware of any option that may be available to you if you have a conviction on your record.

No matter how insignificant your offense may seem to you, a prior conviction may damage your reputation and may seriously hinder your future prospects and opportunities. Sometimes, the existence of a prior conviction can result in more significant penalties if you are charged, and convicted, with a new criminal offense. Normally, repeat offenders can face harsher punishments, including (but not limited to) higher fines and longer jail or prison terms. If you have been previously convicted of a criminal offense and would like to have your case reviewed to determine your legal options for filing an appeal for post conviction relief (PCR), a petition for clemency, or any other type of appeal, contact a Tempe criminal appeals lawyer for a free case evaluation.

Searching for a Tempe criminal appeals lawyer?

Appeals can be a complicated and lengthy process. When appealing a conviction, it is essential that you hire an attorney with the vast experience and expertise necessary to convince the appellate court that the case is deserving of appellate review, whether as a result of unfair sentencing, or errors identified in the trial proceedings, which could have led to a different outcome had it been conducted properly. Mr. Buckallew has handled numerous appeals, including petitions for post-conviction relief, special actions, claims of ineffective assistance of counsel, and petitions for clemency, to name a few, and he has the experience and proven track record to handle your appeal. He is a Board Certified Criminal Defense Attorney with nearly 20 years’ experience in litigating all types of criminal cases, including criminal appeals.

Many successful appeals rest on identifying relevant issues not raised at trial, an improper procedure or process followed during trial, claims of ineffective assistance of counsel, identifying judicial errors, and these types of issues are identified through a complete and thorough review of transcripts of the trial. This process requires a detail oriented and dedicated attorney willing to invest significant time to thoroughly investigate and review your trial transcripts for appellate issues and Mr. Buckallew has the required experience and discipline to handle your appeal.

Put Our Experienced Firm to Work for You

If you are looking for an appellate lawyer in Tempe, we can help. If you feel you were wrongfully convicted and would like to discuss your options for an appeal, the Firm can evaluate your case and provide any options that may be available to you to help preserve your rights and pursue an outcome that may clear your record. If your appeal is successful, it could result in your conviction being overturned and remanded back to the trial courts for a new trial, or your conviction being vacated.

Contact a Tempe criminal appeals attorney if you would like to appeal the conviction in your case.