If you are facing allegations of a drug related crime in the State of Arizona, it is advisable to consult with a lawyer who is knowledgeable and has the experience in handling these types of cases. Mr. Buckallew is an experienced Phoenix criminal defense attorney who has successfully defended numerous drug cases throughout the state, including drug manufacturing, distribution, trafficking and possession over the course of his 20-year plus career. He understands the complexities of these types of charges, including search and seizure issues (illegal searches) and improper stops issues, and will work vigorously to protect your rights and defend your case in court. Whether you have been charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, or are facing more serious drug charges involving Drug Sales or Drug Trafficking, Mr. Buckallew has the experience in defending against these types of charges and seeking the best possible resolution in each case.Have You Been Arrested for a Drug Crime in Arizona? Work With a Phoenix Board Certified Criminal Defense Attorney
Mr. Buckallew has the skill and experience to assist you in preparing a defense if you are facing any drug charge in Arizona which could include the following:
- Possession, Use, Production, Sale or Transportation of Marijuana (A.R.S. §§ 13-3405)
- Possession, Use, Administration, Acquisition, Sale, Manufacture, Transportation of Prescription-Only Drugs and Mis-Branded Drugs (A.R.S. §§ 13-3406)
- Possession, Use, Administration, Acquisition, Sale, Manufacture or Transport of Dangerous Drugs (A.R.S. §§ 13-3407)
- Possession, Use, Administration, Acquisition, Sale, Manufacture or Transport of Narcotic Drugs (A.R.S. §§ 13-3408)
Possession of Drugs (marijuana, narcotics, prescription drugs, and dangerous drugs) generally refers to possession, use, administration, acquisition, production, sale or transportation of drugs. This also includes transporting for sale, importing into the state, or offering to transport for sale or import into the state, selling, transferring or offering to sell or transfer drugs. The nature and severity of the charge will generally depend on the amount (weight) and type of drugs involved.Marijuana Classifications
- Possession of Marijuana (personal use) < 2 pounds is a Class 6 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana (personal use) 2 pounds but < 4 pounds is a Class 5 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana (personal use) 4 pounds or more is a Class 4 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana (for sale) < 2 pounds is a Class 4 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana (for sale) 2 pounds but not more than four pounds is a Class 3 Felony
- Possession of Marijuana (for sale) more than four pounds is a Class 2 Felony
- Production of Marijuana < 2 pounds is a Class 5 Felony
- Production of Marijuana 2 pounds but not more than four pounds is a Class 4 Felony
- Production of Marijuana > 4 pounds is a Class 3 Felony
- Transport of Marijuana (for sale) < 2 pounds is a Class 3 Felony
- Transport of Marijuana (for sale) 2 pounds or more is a Class 2 Felony
Penalties in cases involving drug crimes will be determined based on the nature and severity of the charge and generally will depend on the amount (weight) and type of drugs involved. Penalties can be harsher due to repeat offenses as well as other circumstances in a case so it is always advisable to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney regarding the specifics of your case and the particular penalties you may be facing.
Possession of Drug Paraphernalia generally refers to equipment, products, and materials, which are used to plant, cultivate, manufacture, produce, package or ingest drugs. This can include (but is not limited to) scales and balances; containers designed for storing or concealing drugs – including a simple plastic bag; hypodermic syringes, needles, and other objects intended to be used for injecting drugs into the body; water pipes and cocaine vials. (A.R.S. § 13-3415)Looking for a Drug Crimes Attorney in Phoenix, Arizona?
Drug crimes can carry significant penalties, including sizeable fines and lengthy jail or prison terms, if convicted. Mr. Buckallew has extensive experience in handling all types of Drug Crimes in courts throughout Maricopa County, including most City Courts as well as the Maricopa County Superior Court. He prides himself in personally handling his cases from start to finish to ensure each client receives personal focus and attention to their case throughout the process. Arrange a free consultation to discuss your case by calling the Law Offices of Trent R. Buckallew, PC.
Contact a Phoenix drug crime attorney at the Firm who is committed to providing a professional and aggressive defense in your case.